Best George Foreman Grills Comparisons
George Foreman grills are known for its reliability and performance. Whether you are looking for an outdoor or indoor grill, you can trust the George Foreman grill to do a good job at all times. Some models stand out from the rest due to various reasons. It could be due to features, heat level or price. You can choose a smaller grill that won’t take up a lot of space or get a larger one that can be used indoors and outdoors.
Using the George Foreman grill is one of the best options for those who love grilled foods. It is very easy to use. Just plug the grill into an outlet and you can start using it. This grill is great for making quick meals especially if you have a busy schedule. With the George Foreman grill, you can enjoy grilled foods anytime. If it’s raining, you can use the grill to prepare grilled food indoors. If the weather is nice, you can throw a BBQ party outdoors. The George Foreman grill is very safe as well. It will automatically turn off when it becomes too hot, preventing any fire hazard.
You can use the George Foreman grill to grill beef, pork, chicken and fish. There are various models to pick from, so you can definitely find the one that suits your exact needs. For instance, you can use a smaller unit. You can also find a family-size George Foreman grill. Cleanup is very simple. Simply use a damp cloth to wipe the grilling surface clean. If there are dirty marks that need to be cleaned, some mild detergent is enough to remove it. Here are some of the best George Foreman grills today.
George Foreman GGR50B Grill
The George Foreman GGR50B Grill can be used outdoors and indoors. The grill uses electric heat to cook food. The adjustable temperature range allows you to choose the right temperature for the food you are cooking. You can choose between low and high temperature. The George Foreman GGR50B Grill has a sloping grate base that keeps fat away from the foods you are grilling. There is also a tray that captures remaining grease. This grill can be propped up on a pedestal stand or tabletop or counter. The George Foreman GGR50B Grill costs $99.99.
Buy the George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill here.
- Sloping grate base ensures healthier cooking as it keeps fat away from food
- Temperature range can be adjusted, so you are assured that you are grilling foods at the right temperature
- Can be used outdoors and indoors
- Grease can leak and stain certain floor surfaces
- It needs an outlet.
- Flimsy base
Find more George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill information and reviews here.
back to menu ↑
George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill
The George Foreman GRP99 comes with non-stick detachable plates. It will not take up too much counter space. The 100 sq ft cooking surface provides enough space for cooking foods. The sloping design is perfect for those who those love low fat food as it keeps excessive amounts of grease and oil away from the food. The George Foreman GRP99 also comes with a digital timer and LED readouts. The grill plates are dishwasher-safe, so you don’t need to worry about cleanup. The drip tray is easy to clean as well. The temperature control is adjustable, so you are assured that the food is cooked at the right temperature. The George Foreman GRP99 costs $85.78.
Buy the George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill with Nonstick Removable Plates here.
- Comes with a digital timer, so foods are cooked to perfection
- Suits most counter tops
- Has a large cooking space
- Grill plates may corrode when regularly washed in dishwasher
- Some customers said that the grill sometimes doesn’t warm to their desired temperature.
- The grill can overheat.
Find more George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill with Nonstick Removable Plates information and reviews here.
back to menu ↑
George Foreman GRP4 Next Grilleration Grill with Removable Plates
The George Foreman GRP4’s 1000-watt power ensures quick and even heating, so you are assured that foods are cooked to perfection. The Foreman heating element provides better results. The compact size of the grill makes it easy to store. It has a 72″ cooking surface that allows you to cook up to 5 servings. The sloped surface and nonstick coating prevent excess fat or grease from making its way to the plate. The George Foreman GRP4 costs $47.94.
Buy the George Foreman GRP4 Next Grilleration 5-Burger Grill with Removable Plates here.
- 72″ cooking surface allows you to cook up to 5 servings of food
- 1000-watt power guarantees even cooking and heating, so you don’t need to worry about burned or undercooked foods
- Nonstick coating makes cleanup easy
- You have to clean the grill plates after every use.
- Grill may take a long time to heat up
- Doesn’t have controls
Find more George Foreman GRP4 Next Grilleration 5-Burger Grill with Removable Plates information and reviews here.
back to menu ↑
George Foreman GRP1060B Removable Plate Grill (4 Servings)
The George Foreman GRP1060B’s speedy operation allows you to prepare foods quickly. Meals can be cooked in about 10 minutes, making it perfect for those who are on tight schedule or want to cook food fast. The grill’s heat up time is 35% faster than preceding models. The George Foreman GRP1060B can fit 4 ¼ lbs of hamburger patties all at once. The grill’s durable coating ensures that it will last for a long time. Even if you often cook on high heat settings, you are assured that the grill won’t break easily. The George Foreman GRP1060B costs $29.92.
Buy the George Foreman GRP1060B 4 Serving Removable Plate Grill here.
- Quick heat up time allows you to cook up to 4 servings of food immediately
- Durable coating
- Can cook food within 10 minutes
- Lacks temperature control
- Doesn’t have an on/off button
- Power cord is quite short
Find more George Foreman GRP1060B 4 Serving Removable Plate Grill information and reviews here.
back to menu ↑
George Foreman GR2144P Classic Plate Grill (9 Servings)
The George Foreman GR2144P’s 133 square inches of grilling surface allows you to cook up to 9 servings of food at the same time. The Foreman heating element ensures that the grill heats evenly and completely, so you don’t need to worry about uneven heat distribution. You can cook various foods without using oil or butter thanks to the grill’s nonstick coating and sloped design. The drip tray is dishwasher safe, so cleanup is not a problem. The George Foreman GR2144P costs $56.90.
Buy the George Foreman GR2144P 9-Serving Classic Plate Grill here.
- 133 square inch cooking surface allows you to cook 9 servings at once
- Foreman heating element guarantees even heat distribution
- Nonstick coating makes cleanup easy
- Grease can leak
- Doesn’t have removable trays, so you have to buy one
- Takes up a lot of space on countertop
Find more George Foreman GR2144P 9-Serving Classic Plate Grill information and reviews here.back to menu ↑
Cooking Time of Foods Using George Foreman Grills
The George Foreman Grill has improved and changed the way people cook foods. This product has received a lot of good reviews from many people because it promotes flavor retention and reduces cooking time. The grill heats up quickly and evenly, so you can cook foods fast. If you have a busy schedule, the George Foreman Grill is a good option for you. Here’s the usual cooking time of foods using the George Foreman Grill.
- Vegetables – Vegetables like leeks and asparagus take 3 to 5 minutes when grilled uncovered and 2 to 4 minutes when cover-grilling. Fennel, sweet pepper, carrots and zucchini will take 6 to 10 minutes to cook when grilled uncovered and 3 to 5 minutes when cover-grilling.
- Chicken – It will take 12 to 15 minutes to cook 4 oz. of chicken thigh or breast for uncovered grilling and 4 to 6 minutes for covered grilling.
- Seafood – Seafood such as scallops and shrimp take 6 to 8 minutes when grilled uncovered. For covered grilling, you only need to wait 2 ½ to 4 minutes.
- Beef – A 1″ thick beef takes 4 to 9 minutes to cook for covered grilling and 8 to 18 minutes for uncovered grilling. If you prefer uncovered grilling for cooking ground meat patties, expect to wait 14 to 18 minutes. For covered grilling, you have to wait 5 to 7 minutes.
The recommended grilling time for different foods varies. Experience is still the best way to determine the right cooking time for the food you want to prepare. After all, no food shares the exact same qualities. However, if you want to save time or reduce cooking time, the George Foreman Grill will definitely suit your needs. Your food will not only cook quickly, but also retain moisture and flavor.
There’s no need to any fat or oil to the food just to enjoy a delicious meal. This is perfect for those who are carefully watching their diet and want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. There are various models of George Foreman Grill to choose from. The grill is equipped with various features that make grilling time more convenient and enjoyable for you. Some of these features include a removable tray, dishwasher-safe parts and sloped design that can keep excess oil or fat away from food.
Since the grill has the George Foreman heating element, you don’t need to worry about having undercooked or burnt food as the grill heats up evenly. If your space is limited, you can choose a smaller model. There are also larger models that can cook up to 9 servings of food. The choice is yours to make. Consider your cooking needs, counter space and budget when looking for a George Foreman Grill.
Photo sources: commons.wikimedia.org